Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gentoo Egg Watch 2013 Part 1

I have been so remiss about posting images that it's taken me quite a while to filter through all the images captured since the last posting. Okay, so with 4 cams snapping images every 15 minutes... well, you do the math. Finally, I'm up to date and just in time, as within the next few weeks, there should be chicks a hatching. Yes. That's right. CHICKS!  What we've been waiting all year to see, right?  So, let's go---

The above image shoes our valiant paramour building quite a next for his lady fair. That nest is such a boss that uh-oh, don't look now, but someone is having nest envy! 

 Now, we look quite content on our big arse nest, eh? Or since this capture was taken on 12-02, could that be egg laying?

 I don't know whether he's checking his handiwork or expecting an imminent hatching.

 Now who's looking at what?

A good old penguin "yawp!"
 
 Let's not forget the ecstasy position, either. 

 More checking...

... and still more checking...
 
Ah-ha! I see an egg!
 
C'mon honey, I'm hungry!
 
More posturing...
 
Time to swap out and go eat... 

(to be continued...)

No comments: