Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weekly update

It's been a week and this penguin has had her flippers full, but with our eyes on a rapidly iced continent, we know that our new friends have left for better waters--less of a slurry of ice and bergy bits. I wish them well in their journey and that they would hurry back in late September.

Now, we turn our attention to the drama that began to unfold last week. The poor Gentoo chick has been lifted up and carried aloft towards the bad skua's nest. This week, two more panels are presented for your viewing. The situation does not bode well for our chick. In fact, it's a toenail biter, if I could reach my toenails. Penguins aren't designed for that, I'm afraid.

On with the storyboard and until next week, when I will show more of the predicament of the chick, I say, Ahay from Antarctica,

wiinterrr

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: